VDrive - Driverless Driver™
Metrolight VDrive technology offers highly efficient, proven and programmable solution based on DALI2 and wireless METROLIGHT RF technology that drives and controls LEDs at a competitive price for IoT applications.
The VDrive offers complete adaptability to the LED design and user's needs.
This VDrive is a part of large IoT network suitable for SmartCity SmartOffice and SmartHome solutions.
The VDrive provides Independence control of each channel with fault protection of either the LED or the VDrive.
Once selecting the required output current (which can be reprogrammed at any time) the driver automatically applies the adequate current and voltage to the LEDs.
Any LED design change which may be required in the future, involves mere programming of the LED driver to the newly required current.
No configuration required – be it a single luminaire or multiple LED lamps connected in parallel to the same chain with various power requirements, the VDrive will configure itself to provide each lamp with its appropriate power, provided that they are all built for the same voltage input.
No radio connection loss – using a proprietary technology, RF connectivity is assured with immunity to physical barriers and radio interferences. The DLD provides highly efficient communication infrastructure.
Failure safe lighting – LED luminaire most common cause for failure is thermal failure of its driver electronics. By removing the driver, and by controlling the temperature of the light engine, we make LED lighting almost immune to failure.
Luminaire design versatility – removal of the drivers from the luminaire gives designers much greater flexibility to design retrofits for existing conventional lighting fixtures, or the design of
Increased retrofit power – LED retrofits should fit into existing lamp casings. Given the reduced heat sensitivity of the lamp casings (without the driver), retrofits can sustain higher temperatures –
opening room for greater power where existing luminaire space is limited.
LitoDrive Features & Advantages:
· DC input (10-54VDC)
· Reprogramming of output current at any time.
· Self-adapting Output Voltage, with large range of output voltages to match different LED loads
· High Efficiency (up to 97%)
· Protections: Short circuit, Over Current, Over Voltage, Over Temperature
· 6 channels with dimming function control
· Programmable set-up via wireless technology like RF or 2 wires
· Suitable for LED lighting and street lighting applications
· Failure safe – Since there is no internal driver, no failures are expected.
· Lamp Design Versatility – Since no driver inside the lamp, no need to consider Class 1 or Class 2 isolation, and no need for extremely large space to accommodate the driver.
· Simple retrofitting of existing luminaries – Since no driver is required, easy to fit on any existing luminaries.
· Lamp Size – since lamps have no driver, size is small and can fit any existing luminaries.
· Independent cable length – No dependency on length of power line cables.
· Connection Failure safe – No need for repeaters, connection is guaranty at any installation.
· 5 years warranty
· Low Cost